Sunday, April 6, 2008

Does Bill Clinton have alzheimer's? Says Hillary tried to join the Army

As ABC's Jake Tapper notes, Hillary Clinton once claimed she tried to join the Marines. Now Bill's out there telling people she tried to join the Army. Which is it? Tapper suggests that maybe she inquired with the Army after getting snubbed by the Marines. Who knows? Tho, I highly doubt Hillary was eager to join the military at that time, especially considering her academic background. For her that would have been slumming.


The original story was that in Fayetteville, Arkansas, in 1975, Hillary walked into a local Marines recruiting office. The Marine recruiter looked at her, she recalled, and asked how old she was. Twenty-seven, she said."


He looked at me, and in those days that was before I learned how to wear contact lenses," Sen. Clinton told a crowd of women veterans in 1994. "I had these really thick glasses on. He said, ‘How bad's your eyesight?' I said, ‘It's pretty bad.' …Finally said to me, he said, 'You're too old. You can't see. And you're a woman.…But maybe the dogs would take you.'"

No comments: