Sunday, November 2, 2008

Calling the Race


After following the most exciting, mind and soul grinding and historic presidential race of my life (for the last two years), I have decided to break my silence and offer my prediction for what will happen two days from now on election day (Tues., Nov. 4).

One caveat: After watching the theft of both the 2000 and 2004 elections, I believe this election, too, could be stolen. Somehow. Through a wicked mix of electronic voting machine chicanery; purges in voter roles; intimidation; and other mischief.

Possibility of theft aside, here are my predictions:

PRESIDENT: Barack Obama wins in a landslide
CONGRESS: Al Franken wins in Minnesota; Mitch McConnell loses in Kentucky; Saxby Chambliss loses in Georgia; Both Udalls win their races (Colorado, New Mexico)
NORTH CAROLINA: Republican Pat McCrory becomes governor; Democrat Walter Dalton wins Lt. Governor; Kay Hagan beats Elizabeth Dole; Larry Kissell beats Robin Hayes; Patrick McHenry loses.
*WILD CARD: South Carolina goes to Obama

No comments: