Monday, March 10, 2008

ABC News Does Hillary's Bidding

On Friday I was yelling at my TV listening to ABC news. Mark Halperon did a shiteous piece on the so-called Obama/Nafta/Canada scandal. He covered every bit of known ground in the case (repeating Clinton's charges, of course) while leaving out the latest development in the story. That being the fact that it was actually the Clinton campaign giving the old wink and nod to Canada's government regarding trade policy vs. campaign spin.

Unbelievable.

I don't know what's worse; the Clinton campaign so brazenly falsifying reality or ABC news doing Clinton's bidding on the psy/op front.

It was nice to learn that I was not the only one yelling at ABC onTV Friday. Steven G. Brant at Huffington Post made some noise about it today:

I am watching ABC's World News Tonight. George Stephanopoulos is filling in
for Charles Gibson. I say that to possibly excuse Mr. Gibson for his program
continuing to propagate a story line that has now been proven to be totally
false: The story line that the Obama campaign said one thing to the Canadian
government while saying something else to the voters in Ohio.

This story is not true. In fact the opposite is what is true. And there have been reports to this effect since March 5th, as best as I've been able to track the
reporting.

No comments: